Wednesday, May 13, 2009

End of the Day

Well, it's not that late, but I'm already tired. I got a lot done today, but my head feels like it's in a kind of fog when I'm not working on art. It makes it tough to take care of other business. I guess I become preoccupied with the artwork, and kind of zone out.

It hits me especially hard when I work long hours. I think it's from stress too. This WotC work has me on edge because there's so much riding on it. For me it's the step up to the next level, and about the closest thing you can get to a promotion in the world of freelance illustration. If it goes well, there will be more work from them, and hopefully other publishers I've been wanting to work with.

If it doesn't go well then it'll feel like getting kicked back down the stairs. But I'll do what I've always done, and climb back up. Anyways here's some of that "old" art I was talking about before. These are a couple of paintings from back when I was a "fine artist". Only problem was that it was hard to find a gallery that was interested in showing this kind of work.


These are pretty old. Both were done around '95 or '96. Both are airbrushed with acrylics and inks on illustration board. You can definitely see the Giger influence. In fact he was the whole reason I picked up an airbrush. Just in case you've never heard of Giger, here's his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment